Lifestyle & Entertainment Reporter – KJYY Telemundo Portland
With over 62 million Hispanics, the United States is the second largest Spanish-speaking country in the world! In Portland, Hispanics accounted for over one-third of the total population growth in the last 10 years. Telemundo Portland connects our advertising partners to the buying power of this audience, while serving and celebrating the vibrant Hispanic local community.
KJYY is the Spanish-language home of the Super Bowl, Olympics, FIFA World Cup, and high-profile programming and news, and we are looking for a dynamic and passionate Lifestyle & Entertainment Reporter to join our local “Acceso Total” team and be a face of Telemundo Portland.
This position requires a person who is driven, accountable, ethical, personable, and works well independently.
- Serve as on-air talent and interview host for Telemundo Portland’s Acceso Total show & other local coverage on all platforms; Television, Digital, and Social Media
- Write and prepare scripts and stories for your assigned segments and projects
- Participate in Production Meetings with Telemundo Portland’s on-air clients
- Pitch local stories & coverage ideas to Creative Service Director
- Participate in station marketing and promotional projects as a Telemundo Portland representative and spokesperson
- Join the Telemundo Portland team in station-sponsored community events
- Bilingual with the ability to speak, read and write in both English and Spanish
- Excellent writing and storytelling skills
- Strong communication & speech skills
- Ability to work flexible hours, including nights and weekends
- Television on-camera reporting experience or comparable digital media/radio experience
- Strong work ethic, trustworthy, and self-motivated
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Bachelor’s degree in a Communications-related field
- Live-reporting experience
- Video Editing and Production a plus
- Experience working with local community, entertainment, and cultural organizations, and local event coverage
For immediate consideration, please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org